Monday, 17 April 2017

A change of Scenary

For a long while now I have toyed with the idea of making a few bits of scatter terrain come objective markers. I do not have the cold hard cash to stump up for the ideal bits I want though so I had a rummage around and came up with this.

Many years ago, when I purchased one of the Catachan Jungle Fighter kits from GW I had one posted to me that had obviously been left under a paint stripper. All the bits were bent, twisted, warped and shrunk. Over the years I have used bits and bobs from the kit that could be rescued and I delved back into it for a few weapons and bits that could be used.

I had also kept the sprues from the last few kits I made on purpose for terrain making. So I started chopping and fiddling and have come up with this rough form.

The beige plastic is from an old Tamiya kit I believe...

I did intend at first to build it out of sandbags (Milliput) but thought I would try sprue stacking first to see what it looks like. It is on a hardboard base (old picture frames being thrown out!) which I might seal with some PVA before applying Vallejo Primer all over. At the moment the weapons are separate for ease of painting. I was also thinking of draping some bandage over for some camouflage cloth.

Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Battle Fleet

The Imperial Guard cannot always just walk over to the warzone. The most common option is to have the Imperial Navy smash their way into the system and deliver the sledgehammer that is the Guard in person.

I have a sizeable BFG Imperial Fleet.

Two battleships, 14 cruisers, dozen or so escorts.

I am currently looking to paint up a few Sword Frigates, a Cruiser and a Battleship (along with an auxiliary vessel). Methinks I will play a little with some basecoats and dry brushing and see what happens.

Friday, 7 April 2017

Bretonnians - the lowly peasant

So finally I get round to making some more progress on the spearmen, as well as using the grass tufts I got for Christmas.